Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Halloween...

Yeah, sorry it took so long. I always procrastinate uploading my photos as my hard drive was getting so full that it was keeping the thing from working properly. Here are my cuties...




Frodo was Hamlet. Yes, you read that right. He was Hamlet. He designed the costume all by himself. I was laughing at his choice of characters and I quizzed him on the story. My son knows not only the main plot, but also *all* of the subplots and how everyone dies. Who knew what guiding children in the direction they show interest would do... ;-)




Rapunzel was a princess, of course. When we asked her if she was Ophelia to Frodo's Hamlet, she said, "of course not mom. Ophelia dies in a pool in the river. I had no idea she knew about the story, so I quizzed her, and without any prompting from her brother, she was also well-versed in the story. She's five.



Buggy was...a bug. It was the costume we owned that fit her. ;-) And boy, was it cute. She had practiced so hard at saying "trick or treat" and every time she did, she erupted into gasps of laughter. As we were taking photos, I told her to say cheese and you can see her here, signing "cheese". This is the photo I'm turning in to "Signing Time" as they are a major contributor in Buggy having the language acquisition that she does.


That last one is sweet little baby and Daddy in his be-all costume. This cloak has been many things for many people. Ghost of Christmas Future, Dementor, Obi Wan, generic scary guy.

The kids were going to do some looting to a few older neighbors and then meet me at the ward party, but they ended up having too much fun to be bothered with meeting me and I ended up alone at the party with my babe. :-) Oh well, at least they had fun and I still got the "tax" of candy. :-)

3 comments:

The cool family! said...

YAY, finally some pictures!!!! I LOVE looking at pictures! You have cute kids for sure and I liked your 'tag'. Alot of that stuff I didn't know, it was fun to hear more about you! Merry Christmas!

Mama bee said...

Ooh, has anyone suggested to J that he could be the Dred Pirate Roberts as played by Andre the Giant? I mean, you have seen The Princess Bride, right?

Karin said...

lol! I told him about it and he laughed too. Maybe you've planted a seed. :-)