Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two in January!

Look at that! I am actually posting twice in one month. I haven't done that in a couple of years...

I am watching Frodo and Little "dump!" on the coffee table. It really shouldn't be called that at our house. It has much more function as a performing stage. Little has learned how to say jump! and says it to Frodo all the time. She calls him "deetee" and then says "dump!" and waits for him to pull her up really high. Of course, X-men ( the cartoon)is going in the background. Common recent questions at my house are things like, "mom, what is your favorite Marvel hero? Why?" "Do you want to know a Chuck Norris fact that I just made up all by myself?" "Mom, Strengtha is Rapunzel's super-hero. What's yours? What powers does she have?" and so on, ad nauseum.

Super heroes are pretty important around here.

I'm trying not to read too much into that.

In fact, the other day, little put her fist into my chest and said "shhhhh" and when I asked at dinner what that was, my husband gave a knowing glance at my son and said, "you tell her what it means." apparently, she was Wolverine when the claws come out...

:-)

Buggy started her first day at the University preschool today. She was so excited that she peed through 3 pairs of unders in about 1 1/2 hours until I finally just put her in a diaper. :-) We *will* learn to potty. Someday. If she wasn't dry most days at home, I wouldn't have any expectations anyway, but she's been doing so well at home for over three or four months. Ah well. We'll get there.

Rapunzel got croup on Sunday. That night, I told her she couldn't go to school, and she got confused. Then she enjoyed spending all day on the couch and not having to do chores yesterday. With all the oil and herbs she got, she got over it pretty quickly, but it gets a little weird when you can hear one of your "healthy" kids wheezing in the room...and how weird is it that *she* has the croupy lungs and Buggy doesn't? Does that mean she may be predisposed to asthma? I have no idea. I hope not. I just know that her lungs are really reactive and whenever she gets a cold, it is almost always croupy for her.

That's our week, I think. Don't expect another post for a while. ;-) I'm stocking up...

2 comments:

chicagosapps said...

Hooray for super heroes! We're all about power rangers here, and I hear way more about them than I ever want to know. Sometimes I have to run out of a room, pulled by my ranger son, because a "bomb" is about to explode. Well, at least he saves me.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Superheroes and Jedi. What more could a mother want in case the bad guys show up?