Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What is Happening...

This is from an email that I just sent out and I figured it would work well to post it here...

"Thank you so much for the offer of help. They are able to keep Buggy at Logan for now (we switched pediatricians a while ago to someone with more experience with kids who have "complex" issues). And actually, yesterday she was doing much better. I just talked with dh and she has continued to do well. She may get released either today or tomorrow.

"We were in Chicago all last week and the day after we came home, HeaterBoy got really sick with the flu. Buggy started to act a little sick, but not much, so we assumed she was just tired from the traveling. Little had a runny nose, but that was it. Then as the week wore on, Buggy just wasn't getting better and on Sunday, she crashed. We gave her a blessing, but she told me that she wanted to go to the hospital. On Monday, I could see that she was not keeping her sats up and she wouldn't even tolerate pedialyte through her g-tube. tha'ts when we took her in. She tested positive for Influenza A and her chest x-ray had lots of gunk, but no definite spots of pneumonia. The doctor said that 95% of Utah's influenza A cases are H1N1 flu right now, so they are kind of assuming that's what it is. Although I'm almost positive that whatever this is, we caught it in Chicago. Rapunzel is coughing a teeny bit, but Frodo had a full blown fever last night and continues to be very sick today. At least he is still drinking. Little has had a fever for about two days and has been super cranky for the last week. Last night she didn't sleep much and keeps biting me while nursing because she is so miserable.

"My nose has gotten pretty stuffy today as well, but I'll continue to fight it. We are pretty much quarantined in our house. I don't want to let the few "healthier" people go anywhere in the fears that they will spread it around."


There it is. We are sick. Don't come over. Unless you don't have littles and you are not afraid of the swine flu. And even then, I will just send you away. :-) unless you bring chocolate, in which case, I will take the treats and then send you away...

10 comments:

LeShel said...

that is terrible. may your little ones get feeling better soon!!!
our prayers sent your direction

ennbenn said...

Nick said you got released today. I hope she's feeling better! Happy Birthday Yesterday!

Connie said...

So sorry! That sounds miserable. If I was closer I'd bring you some chicken soup. I hope you're all feeling better soon!

Salix said...

I'll be praying for you and your family!

Than & Lina said...

I'm sad to hear you are all so sick. I saw your comment on the email about the book club and was worried. We just got back to Logan and would love to do what we can to help.

momof5foxes said...

so sorry this has affected your family! I am seeing quiet a bit of this at the hospital. Lots of masks and handwashing, that's for sure!

I missed your birthday..hope you will get to do something fun soon! Happy late Birthday!

Marie said...

So sorry you are sick.we will be praying for you.

Dirtius Wifius said...

I knew there was a reason we didn't try to come visit on Saturday. I miss you guys. Was your trip to Chicago fun at least?

chicagosapps said...

Oh My! I am so sorry! None of us got sick!!? Where did it come from? Maybe it was just in the air. Maybe our house is infected! Maybe you caught it at the Field Museum from the pirate treasure! It couldn't be from the airplane, that's too fast.

I'll pray everyone gets over it soon. No trip is worth getting the flu.

Karin said...

We must have picked it up somewhere on the trip, but we weren't around any sick people. None of you guys were sick...It must have been at the airport. 24 hours is fast, but possible. We were at the airport for a while before we left and you know how terrible airplane air is...ah well. We've survived to tell the tale. :-)

It actually relieves me a little, now the unknown of how it will take out Buggy has been answered. I think we may be one of the safe ones once the pandemic really hits this coming flu season. We already have the antibodies. ;-)