Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My weekend

So I spent last weekend with my sweet husband's cousin and his wife in Sacramento.I had an LLL conference and I was trying to save money, so I threw out to HeaterBoy "Do we know anyone in Sacramento?" He said his cousin lived there, and we emailed him. He and his wife were so gracious and kind that they made my stay such a wonderful experience. I was a little worried about how I would transport myself to and from the conference hotel. Brett's wife, Andrea, was able to drive me to and from on each of my conference days. It was wonderful.

The conference was amazing! I am so motivated and want to learn everything I can about positive communication and building relationships. I'd love to talk about with anyone who will listen...(hint, hint) :-)

1 comment:

chicagosapps said...

I have a friend out here is a pediatric nurse and she was saying how bummed she is that hardly anyone that she sees is nursing. I think it's because many moms have to work full time to make ends meet here and don't want the annoyance of pumping. She said she has all this good advice and no one to share it with. She nursed her twins until they were two, and now she's expecting again. Anyway I told her she should get involved with LLL and become a counselor. I told her how much you helped me and others in the Villa and beyond. She said that was a great idea and hopefully she'll do it.

Just thought I'd share. You can talk to me anytime, I'd love to hear the ideas.