Saturday, August 18, 2007

Aack! I'm, trying to upload my photos and it's just not working. I turnd in my knitting and got...

BLUE RIBBONS!

Nevermind that most of the contestants in Cache Valley get blue ribbons. It still felt good and I think I made about $6. I'm not sure, I haven't picked up my prize money yet. That's better than a kick in the pants. Especially considerng I spent about $40 at the fair that weekend. ;-) Wouldn't it be nice to make back what I spend? Maybe I'll knit and spin like crazy this year and attempt the feat.

We also sent Saori off this morning. This is part of my lack of posting this last two weeks. We have been going liek mad dogs, trying to get everything in. We still didn't make it to some places like the Great Salt Lake (I know, it's gross, but you have to go at least once while you're in Utah), Golden Spike, Hot Springs, Aquatic Center. But we made it to most of Belen's appointments and got some of her shoppig done, so it's good. Rapunzel was so very sad to see Saori leave, she refused to giver her a hug goodbye for quite some time. Buggy slept through most of the final picture taking. We (the grown-ups) were up until after 2:00 last night just talking, so I set two alarms to wake up and I *still* missed both of them. We were going to get her some salsa that she liekd at Lee's early, but it just didn't happen.

We were so glad that Saori came to stay with us and we hope that we can see her again someday. Maybe I'll send my sister to find her while she's gallivanting around with my parents next month. :-) She has becmome a new part of our family and we are all so grateful to have had the opportunity to have met her.

Once I can figure out my computer glitches (grrr), I'll post some pics of all of us at Aggie Ice Cream. And my blue ribbon stuff :-)

4 comments:

Juzzme said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbons! :)

Salix said...

I think this makes you a professional, now that you make such loads of cash from your knitting. ;) Congratulations, Karin!

ennbenn said...

Hey, anything that you can hang on the fridge is noteworthy, right? I'm so proud of my sister and all her domestic skills!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

My husband spent $10 last Saturday to rent a table at the flea market. I think he made $8. So it is official, my junk is not good junk. It really is just junk.